And now you are one!

This week Alys, you turned one year old. Everyone says that when you have a baby time will fly, and my goodness that is so true!

I'm still trying to work out where that year went. After so many years of waiting I'm still pinching myself that your actually here.

The day that you were born was so crazy.  It went perfectly but it was such a surreal experience. I didn't sleep a wink that night as I was running on adrenaline. Besides , I couldn't take my eyes off you. I still can't.

Among other things, you have brought us completion. There was always something missing. I hadn't even realised this until you were born. Now our hearts are full. 

The magnitude of what your auntie Jen has done for us is indescribable. She is such a massive part of our story and we will always be grateful to her.

We have so many exciting adventures to look forward to. You love your cousins,  and all other children as your so sociable.  Your are so funny and make us laugh all the time. Your growing into such a lovely little girl. You run at 100 miles an hour and just crash when you know it's nap time.

So much can change in a year. You hear people say it all the time. Our lives have altered immeasurably the last 12 months. Our family have had many highs, but sadly, the darkest of lows. Our darling, you are the light in our lives.

So thank you Alys, for being the funny little girl with the cheesy grin. Thank you for just being you my little love.

Love mummy and daddy xxx


Comments

Popular Posts